Your One-Stop Water Heater Repair and Installation Provider
Since water heaters are often out of sight, homeowners likely keep them out of mind – that is, until, something breaks. Whether it’s a leak, a faulty component, or an entire replacement, rest assured that Friedman Plumbing Express technicians will promptly repair or replace all types of water heaters. Look for these signs of a failing or faulty water heater:
Common Signs of Needing Service:
- Lack of hot water
- Inconsistent temperature
- Clogged flue or vent
- Water is scalding hot
- Leaking from the heater housing
- Foul rotten-egg smell
- Visible rust on the heater
- Strange popping noises
If left untreated, water heater leaks can cause catastrophic flooding to a homeowner’s basement, so don’t delay – call us for all of your water heater repair needs.
Water Heater Types:
- Gas and Propane Water Heaters (Tank) – These use a gas burner to heat water in the tank and require circulating air around the units. While more energy efficient than electric models, these heaters tend to be more expensive.
- Electric Water Heaters (Tank) – These use 1 or 2 heating elements to heat water in the tank, and while less expensive than gas models, tend run a bit higher in cost. Energy efficient models are available.
- Heat Pump/Hybrid Water Heaters (Tank) – These models use heat pump technology, and energy from the air to heat water. More expensive and larger than electric models, these heaters are very energy efficient.
- Solar Water Heaters (Tank) – Drawing heat from solar panels, these models are very energy efficient, and environmentally friendly. Higher upfront costs can be offset by longer-term lower utility costs.
- Tankless Water Heaters – Available in both electric and gas versions, these heat water on demand, rather than store it in a tank. While very energy efficient, these heaters provide 3-4 gallons of heated water at a time, so high demand households may not benefit from these types.
The following are the most common types of water heaters available in our area. Our trained and licensed plumbers are capable of installing all types. Friedman Plumbing Express is also a preferred provider for A.O. Smith brand water heaters, a leading manufacturer of residential water heaters. Click here for a complete list of water heater manufacturers.
Did You Know? New Energy Efficiency Standards for Water Heaters.
As of April 2015, the new EPA “NAECA” (National Appliance Energy Conservation Act) guidelines require new water heaters to meet minimum efficiency standards. This affects the size regulations of newly manufactured water heaters. If you are replacing a water heater with a new system, you may be required to move to a water heater of larger dimensions. For more information, read our blog post on the guidelines. For a complete guide to the new standards, visit the EPA site.
Areas We Serve for Water Heater Repair & Replacement:
Burke, VA | Alexandria, VA | Fairfax, VA | Springfield, VA | Centreville, VA | Reston, VA | Sterling, VA | Chevy Chase, MD | Bethesda, MD | Gaithersburg, MD | Germantown, MD | Potomac, MD | North Potomac, MD | Rockville, MD | Silver Spring, MD | Olney, MD | Washington, D.C.