Clogged Drain Line Repair
Home sewer and drain lines are just as prone to clogs as any other plumbing system. The difference is clogged drain lines are often unseen, causing larger, more expensive issues if left untreated. A clogged drain line repair is best managed by a professional licensed plumber. The good news is that Friedman Plumbing Express technicians are here to help.
Pipe Material Types:
The predominant type of drain/waste and vent pipe in the Washington, D.C. area is PVC. Other common types include Cast Iron, Copper, Galvanized Steel, and occasionally, ABS.
Causes of Clogged Drain Pipes:
- Corrosion – cast iron pipe, while durable, is susceptible to corrosion as it ages.
- Defective piping material – orangeburg pipe, composed of wood fiber material, is more prone to failing as it ages, due to lack of strength and deformation.
- Intrusion of tree roots – roots can grow and intrude into drain pipes, causing clogs, and ultimately, complete blockage if the roots aren’t treated or removed.
- Common Obstructions – obstructions such as hair, non-degradable papers, can often cause clogged drain pipes.
- Residue – Accumulation of skin, hair, and soap scum can all clog drain pipes as it becomes harder for water to flow.
Friedman Plumbing Express technicians are licensed to repair clogged drain lines. We also recommend having your drains cleaned regularly by our trained professionals to maintain proper water flow and avoid potential future plumbing issues.
Areas We Serve for Clogged Drain Line Repair:
Burke, VA | Alexandria, VA | Fairfax, VA | Springfield, VA | Centreville, VA | Reston, VA | Sterling, VA | Chevy Chase, MD | Bethesda, MD | Gaithersburg, MD | Germantown, MD | Potomac, MD | North Potomac, MD | Rockville, MD | Silver Spring, MD | Olney, MD | Washington, D.C.